- Personal email: rogerioferis-AT-yahoo.com
- Work email: rsferis-AT-us.ibm.com
- Master Inventor - title reserved for leading inventors within IBM. Each year, only 1% of the IBM Research technical population receives this award (2011).
- IBM Outstanding Innovation Achievement Award - prestigious IBM Research award received for contributions in physical security and video analytics, 2011.
- Far-Reaching Research Award - competitive grant from IBM Research to pursue research towards building the next-generation camera networks (with Ankur Datta, Lisa Brown, and Rick Kjeldsen), 2010.
- North American Frost & Sullivan Award for Video Surveillance Software Company of the Year, 2008.
- Emerging Leader in Multimedia - I was among eight students selected from top universities by IBM - July, 2005.
- NSF Grant - I co-wrote with my PhD advisor an NSF proposal on my thesis topic which was awarded funding - Detection and Analysis of Discontinuities in Computer Vision - Matthew Turk, Rogerio Feris and Ramesh Raskar, 2005.
- PhD fellowship, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2002 - 2006.
- 2nd Best MSc thesis in Brazil (Nationwide Competition). Award received at Congress of Brazilian Computer Society, 2002.
- "Cidadao do Mundo" Prize - Yazigi Languages Institute. Prize: English Course at Abraham Baldwin College - Tifton, Georgia, USA - July 1998.
- Software for Animation of Wave Spectrums in 3D - Honorable Distinction - 2nd. Place - Congress for Scientific Initiation FURG/UFPEL/UCPEL - University of Rio Grande - November 1997.
- Heuristic Search Applied to the Determination of the Best Path to Take Between Two Points - classified as the best work in the area of basic sciences - Computer Science, Physics and Mathematics - XIII Regional Congress of Scientific and Technological Initiation in Engineering, Porto Alegre, October 1997.
- I National Competition of Computer Science for High School Students - 1st place in the Regional phase with the software: Automatic Facial Sketch Generation - November 1994.